BUSINESS MODEL INNOVATION WITH ECOSYSTEM PARTNERS
- Modeling your business: the framework
- Ecosystem strategy: delivery of your value proposition depends on your ability to align your strategy with your partner
- Ecosystem risks: who else needs to innovate in order to have your innovation succeed
- Value blueprint: constructing a picture of your entire ecosystem at the start
CUSTOMER DRIVEN INNOVATION USING SHERPATH AS AN EXAMPLE
- This will be a discussion about the tactics of setting up and running a new, innovative, product development effort within the new construct of continuing to run and support a significant legacy team, using the Sherpath development and successful launch as the example.
BALANCING LONG TERM VS SHORT TERM BENEFITS AS IT RELATES TO INNOVATION
- As budgets tighten in the year, how to keep innovation flight with low ROI afloat in addition to feeling comfortable with financial implications to business unit
- What customer sets to focus on - narrow focus vs long term views
- It is time for enterprises to develop a new set of tools and techniques that will enable maximum benefits to be derived from innovation portfolios – by harnessing and applying their ecosystems’ unfair advantages. To accomplish this, enterprises need to adopt a systems-level approach to deliver continuous innovation – at scale – with strategies tailored to build specific commercialization portfolios aligned with their respective corporate goals, objectives and metrics.
ENABLING THE WORKFORCE TO BE INNOVATIVE
- Digitization drives a fast pace of change meaning new skills are needed faster than ever.
- What we learned even 5 years ago is now only table stakes.
- Instilling a 'continuous education and learning' model in a busy, global environment with less time than ever.
- What will this space look like in 5 or 10 years?
ECOSYSTEM AND INDUSTRIAL INTERNET
- What is industrial internet?
- Why think about it?
- How to think about it?
WINNING THE CONSUMER OF TOMORROW IN A DIGITAL ERA OF CONNECTED PRODUCTS ECO-SYSTEMS
NEW INNOVATION ERA IS HERE. NEXT CHAPTER: "CONSUMER REVOLUTION"!
- The new global consumer generation who only know the digital world have taken control and disrupted the balance of power between consumer and business. New trends and consumer behavior patterns are shifting the control from large corporations and bringing it directly into the hands of consumers. Consumers demand more than ever personalized solutions, they expect brands to extend their experience into new touch points, they seek eco-systems that bring the right context into their connected devices. How consumers think, shop, connect and live life is now being influenced and impacted by endless competitive product offerings and opportunities to personalize their experiences. Therefore the role of eco-systems is becoming a key cohesive ingredient to win their hearts, and the cusses in this filed might very well define the success of your company as well.
- Is your business ready to innovate for the consumer of tomorrow?
- Do you have clear eco-system strategy to expand your brand experience into a new never seen consumer touch points?
- Do you know how to react quickly to new consumer behaviors and digital trends in order to stay relevant?
- Great: so have your content in place, are you ready for the next phase-context disruption?
CAN YOU SMELL WHAT I SEE
- Creative Innovation around the 5 sense with global case studies
- Embark on a journey of the senses and discover how to engage sensorial techniques for brand engagement.
INNOVATION AS A SERVICE
- A culture of innovation starts by recognizing there is no “chief” in innovation.
- You will see more innovation by creating a system that serves innovators no matter where they start in or outside the organization.
- Ideas need to be nurtured, not captured
SCENARIO PLANNING TO SUPPORT FORESIGHT IN INNOVATION ECOSYSTEMS
- Use of Scenario Planning in Innovation Ecosystems
- How Scenario Planning can aid in development of the ecosystem
- How Scenario Planning plays a key role in ongoing innovation efforts
- Organizations successfully using Scenario Planning for such purposes
- The concept of Complex Adaptive Systems and the “Edge of Chaos”
USING INNOVATION TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR ASSETS
- Sluggish economic growth, constraints on government spending, and an increasingly global, connected world, present challenges for businesses across all industries today. Innovation is more than just a buzz word – it is a force that disrupts industry model and an essential component of business success. In health care as much as at Apple, innovation offers opportunities to enhance prospects for future growth and productivity.
- In this session, UnitedHealth Group will:
- Describe our innovation roadmap; past and present
- Explore the journey of past transformational innovations that are now in the market place
- Present our future strategy building on an enterprise-wide commitment to advancing breakthrough approaches to create a more sustainable health system that will enable us to unleash an even broader portfolio of innovations.
UNLOCKING THE VALUE OF R&D: LESSONS LEARNED FROM THE FIELD
- How to walk the line between value and balance with project prioritization
- Grace under pressure: Preparing for your portfolio review
- Delivering portfolio insights, not just numbers
THE PERMAFROST LAYER IN YOUR COMPANY IS KILLING INNOVATION
- Executives above are demanding change. The implementation teams know exactly what needs to get done. But a frozen layer in the middle is using budgeting tools, performance management and job security lock out any possibility of meaningful change
SIX HONEST SERVING MEN ON BLOCK CHAIN TECHNOLOGY
- The title is based on Rudyard Kipling's poem, and would address the key questions of What, Why, When, How, Where, Who
IGNITING A CULTURE OF INNOVATION AT A BIG, GLOBAL COMPANY
- Today’s mass digitization of business and society is accelerating the pace of change at Internet speed. To lead and succeed in this new arena of hyper competition, organizations of all sizes will need to disrupt their cultures, and tap into new sources of innovation inside and outside of their companies.
- For the first time, the speaker reveals how Cisco is applying lessons learned from its partner ecosystem to reignite its own global culture of innovation
- Develop an innovation game plan that motivates employees everywhere
- Develop a detailed innovation challenge across all functions and geographies
- Gain senior executive champions to encourage participation and reinforce key innovation messages
- Develop marketing communications plan with key milestones, messages and events
EQUITY CROWD FUNDING RULES
- Now that start-ups anywhere in world now that anyone can invest in the next google what does that mean for innovation.
- With all this available capital is measuring ROI the best metric
BEYOND CROWD SOURCING – EXAMINING STRATEGIES FOR EFFICIENCY AND EFFICACY
- Consumer and contributor market place
- Gated communities
- 3rd parties
- Working with locals
- Maintaining control, efficiency, quality and time frame
THE ULTIMATE BRAIN SPA
This interactive session will address the main challenges which the participants are currently facing. These challenges will be collected on the morning of Day One when attendees are asked to make note of one challenge/problem that is affecting their company’s success in Innovation. During the session, the audience will be divided into groups to brainstorm on their chosen challenge for 20 minutes, followed by 20 minutes of feedback to go home with new concrete solutions
KEYNOTE CASE STUDY:
"JUMPSTARTING"INNOVATION THROUGH THE NEW DIGITAL ECONOMY: BUILDING FOR TOMORROW, TODAY
- Innovation across the digital value chain: Big new ideas and collaborative creativity
- Smarter digital techniques: Open models of innovation through digitization across different parts of the company
- Shortening product life cycles and the risks of disruption from new unexpected players in your market
R&D LEADERSHIP SESSION:
THE ROLE OF AUTHENTIC LEADERSHIP IN INNOVATION: GAINING BUY-IN FOR INNOVATION FROM TOP MANAGEMENT
- Innovative and integrating entrepreneurships
- Design thinking, creativity and product development
- Embracing technology and getting your message across
- Cultivating compassionate companies: including social emotional learning, leadership, and resilience
- Fostering passion and lifelong learning
SPONSOR SESSION: 3
WAYS TO LEVERAGE A SPECIALIZED NETWORK FOR YOUR OPEN INNOVATION JOURNEY
- Build awareness: Bring skilled people on your societal challenge
- Solve challenges: Source technological solutions
- Expand your business: Develop in new application/uncover new customers
INNOVATING FAST AND CUSTOMER-FIRST
- Customer first: Keeping the customer at the forefront of the innovation process
- Think big, start small: Translating research findings and volumes of data into something tangible in a dynamic digital environment
- Experiment and fail fast: How we use insights in an agile world
INNOVATION LIKE A TEAM SPORT: DRIVEN TO WIN GOALS TOGETHER
- Creating a better culture of innovation and leadership: Key skills for managing innovation
- Relationship building and nurturing a culture of innovation
- Making the right environment for innovation to flourish
INCREASE THE ODDS OF INNOVATION SUCCESS WITHOUT DECREASING YOUR AMBITION
While it’s never been a better time to be an innovator, it has also never been more challenging to generate a strong return on your innovation investment. Carol Bitter, Head of Commercial Strategy at innovation consultancy Fahrenheit-212, will share case studies and learnings on how to increase the predictability of your innovation initiatives, without compromising ambitions.
- Solving the “two-sided innovation equation"
- Disrupting your marketplace, not your business
- Applying "ecosystem thinking" to your challenge
- Using innovation strategy to ignite and steer the course
HARNESSING BIG DATA TO SUPPORT INNOVATION: EXTRACTING VALUE FROM ENTERPRISE DATA
- What is the big data value proposition for your enterprise and how can this create game-changing vision?
- What technologies can you harness to drive new business value
- Working within the boundaries of data governance and security
- Could you create a innovation models based on data: What would this mean for your business in the long-term?
A JOURNEY THROUGH DISRUPTIVE INNOVATION: HARNESSING SOCIAL MEDIA TO GET A BIG IDEA OFF THE GROUND
- The role of failure in innovation
- How do you introduce a wider culture of innovation without threatening the existing R&D department
- A new framework that moves beyond open innovation: collaborative innovation
- Mature organizations must learn how to transform outside their core business
FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE’S: OVERCOMING KEY BARRIERS TO INNNOVATION FROM CULTURE, IT AND SECURING INVESTMENT
- Engaging the hearts and minds of all employees
- Understanding the cycles of economic change and where innovation fits in
- Bringing innovation and value to customers and shareholders alike
- Technology: Harnessing new tools for better reporting
KEYNOTE CASE STUDY:
OPEN API STRUCTURES FOR AMBITIOUS COLLABORATIVE INNOVATION WHICH DELIVERS A BETTER CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
- Rethinking the Healthcare Model
- Why an OPEN API in Pharma?
- Unique Collaborative effort
- Building the mind-set of innovation between external partnerships
- Overcoming difficulties: what are the critical success factors
- Taking it all to the next level ….
KEYNOTE CASE STUDY:
DOING IT BETTER TOGETHER: COLLABORATION AS A THE NEW INNOVATION FUTURE
- How to build an open collaborative ecosystem of entrepreneurs and developers
- Gaining trust with partners through new activities: hackathons to data projects
- Commonalities and differences between co-creation and collaborative learning
- Move from the engagement and the management to the co-development of innovation
BUILDING A CULTURE OF INNOVATION THROUGH PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT: SHAPING YOUR COMPANY'S FUTURE
- Value creation and innovating beyond products and services
- Collaborating with the giants: What can they learn from each other
- How can SME's create value and compete better through open innovation models
DATA AND INNOVATION: MAKING BETTER DECISIONS
- How data analytics can be game changing in innovation processes
- Working with innovation teams to build new engaging products and services
- Understanding data to build insight into customer behaviour and needs
- Combining CX insights with loyalty
- Enrich innovation and working with seamless internal goal
BUILDING A DRIVING FORCE OF ENGAGEMENT AND EXCITEMENT FOR INNOVATION
- Examining the need for the right person for the job
- Extending the role of innovation across internal and external boundaries
- Looking at the adoption of an innovation project at various stages in the project
- Partnerships and management factors: sourcing, team building and empowerment
- Enabling excitement, pride and motivation for innovation: key tools
TURNING CUSTOMER ANALYTICS INTO ACTIONABLE RESULTS: LEVERAGING WEB ANAYLTICS
- Building a Global Reference Architecture and standard data model
- Normalizing the semantics of information throughout the company
- How to let data show you the story your customers are telling you
- Innovating product development through deep customer understanding
INNOVATION WINS ACROSS THE WORLD: BUILDING INTERNAL PARTNERSHIPS INTERNATIONALLY
- How can a young multinational organize for innovation success.
- The importance of the Global category strategy as the key driver of goals alignment
- The Global Innovation Operating Model as the means to organize the teams involved
- Finding gold – quick wins global innovation in local markets
THE IMPORTANCE OF SOCIAL INNOVATION: A STORY ABOUT OUR AGILE TRANSFORMATION JOURNEY
- Getting started: Simplification and energy as key business enablers
- Catalysing your staff to harness the process of transformation across the company
- What were our barriers? What did we overcome and what did we circumnavigate?
- Middle management: What is their role?
- What lessons were learnt and what is still to be considered